Sunday, July 29, 2007

Word of the Day: Moron

If I had the choice I would really prefer working with animals.

Alas, this world is overrun by humans so there is a 99% chance you have to interact with one - and chances are greater that that one is a moron. Worse, a self-important moron with delusions of grandeur.

I work with different kinds of morons, the worse of which I have just mentioned above. A few are morons who are really nice so it's kind of easier to forgive them. I won't rant about that. I want to talk about the worthless, pathetic loser who thinks so highly of herself/himself just because of the title they carry.

Sometimes I think, are they being insufferable because they know deep down inside they are incompetent fools? They bully people, throw tantrums, order others around and avoid helping others just because they constantly want to instill their superiority. And when they do something remotely nice, they trumpet it around to let people know that they are "special". If it didn't annoy me so much, I will actually find it sad. These people are driven by their need to be on top, to be recognized, to matter. If someone so much as threatens that, they bulldoze that person to the ground.

What an exhausting way to live! It is a bit of a comfort that people who treats others badly to assert their superiority will get their comeuppance. After all, in this imperfect world there is still some justice. The ridiculous, spoiled moron I work with has no real friends to speak of. I'm sure no one is patient enough to suffer all the abuse. Everyone has a limit.

It always pays to nice and to be of service to others. People don't look back fondly at memories of megalomaniacs who do nothing but assert their assumed prominence. They remember the ones who care, the ones who took time to smile kindly at them, the ones who help them in times of need.

Pompous fools are easily forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment